Wednesday, December 24, 2008

21: A New Online Critical Journal

The launch yesterday of 21, a new online critical journal from Edge Hill University, edited by Ailsa Cox and Rob Spence and concerned with contemporary and innovative fiction. Among the articles I haven't yet read is one on post 9/11 fiction, and those I have are a revealing interview with writer Charles Lambert and an interesting piece on the issue of collecting short stories in volumes by Ailsa Cox (instigator of the Edge Hill Prize for short story collections), including a report on a recent linked conference. There's also an article by me on the critical response to Anne Enright's The Gathering and its implications for the way we read now and the contemporary status of fiction.

2 comments:

Group 8 said...

Very enjoyable, thanks for the link. I've read Ailsa's and yours so far. Both very pertinent and interesting.

Elizabeth Baines said...

Glad you enjoyed it, Nuala. I think it's going to be an interesting journal