Friday, January 09, 2009

Writer's itch

Oh dear, it's one of those days... I've been working for the last two days on things other than my own writing, first of all yesterday creating a Facebook Group for my virtual book tour, and answering singularly deep and subtle questions about the writing process for my first stop on Barbara's Bleeugh! next Wednesday (14th). Then I began work on an article about the short story for the Writers' Guild newsletter - oh, and had to stop off to write a press release/blurb about the new book, a novel, which Salt will publish in November.

And now I'm going up the walls! Halfway through the afternoon today the sun came out and I thought, Oh, I really must go out and take advantage, just pop out for a little walk, even if it's only up to the shops. But no, I was strict with myself, and anyway wanted to get as much of the article done as possible. Stupid, because once I'd thought of that, the article didn't go so well at all... And now it's dark, and I've lost my chance, and I am so sick of being inside. I could go up to the pub, but then I don't want to drink because I want to be fresh to finish the article tomorrow. Must say, though, I never get as bad as this when the reason I've stayed in is to do my own writing...

Could be worse, though: at least I had the chance to stay home and get it done...

2 comments:

Michelle said...

We've more than enough sunshine in South Africa at the moment, Elizabeth. I'm going to package some rays and send them to you post haste.

Elizabeth Baines said...

Oh, that would be lovely!